Three Onion Gluten Free Corn Fritters
For my onion lovers out there
I used to dislike onions so much that if a dish included them, I'd sit there and pick them out one by one. I don't know what has changed, but now I can't get enough of them. There's nothing better than the smell of sautéed onions on the the stovetop or caramelized onions on a hot dinner.
I've especially grown fond of fresh, raw red onions - the crunch, the slight spice, the flavor. So good!
These corn fritters we've created are sort of a combination of my three favorite corn fritter recipes meshed into one.
They're perfect for a dinner party appetizer or as an easily slapped together lunch. All you need to do is chop up a bunch of veg, toss the flour and some spices together, and combine for a nice thick batter. Drop some dollops of the veg-heavy batter into a pan with hot coconut oil and voila!
Three Onion Corn Fritters
PREP TIME TOTAL TIME
7 MINUTES 15 MINUTES
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small white onion
- 1/2 cup chives/spring onions
- 1 small red pepper
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup of gluten free or chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- Dash of pepper
- Coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of water
SERVINGS: 3 (2-3 CORN FRITTERS PER SERVING)
AMOUNT PER SERVING:
Saturated fat: 8.4g
1. Mix dry ingredients together combining flour & spices in one bowl
2. Add cup of water to dry ingredients and stir well until it becomes a batter
3. Chop onions and red pepper into small pieces
4. Add onions, pepper, and corn to batter
5. Heat coconut oil in a medium-sized pan
6. Using a spoon, scoop golf ball-sized dollops into pan
7. When the bottom side of each fritter starts looking slightly crispy, flip fritters and cook to lightly brown other side
8. Remove from pan and enjoy!